The marks initially develop as wrinkly, raised streaks that can be red, purple, pink, reddish-brown
or dark brown, depending on skin color. The streaks eventually fade and flatten and tend to change to a
silvery color over time.
Stretch marks may gradually become less noticeable, but this can often take years.
Common causes of skin stretching include:
- Pregnancy: Between 50 and 90 percent of women who are pregnant experience stretchmarks during or after birth.
- Puberty:Rapid growth is typical in young people going through puberty. This can lead to stretch marks.
- Rapid weight gain: Putting on a lot of weight in a short space of time can cause stretch marks.
- Medical conditions: Marfan syndrome and Cushing's syndrome.
- Corticosteroid use: Prolonged use of corticosteroid creams and lotions can decrease levels of
collagen in the skin. Collagen strengthens and supports the skin, and a reduced amount can
increase the risk of stretch marks.
Ways to Minimize:
- Moisturizing the skin on a regular basis: Use a moisturizer that contains vitamin A and hyaluronic acid, use on the shoulders, abdomen, arms and chest skin too.
- Vitamins A and E are vital for skin health to protect your skin from premature aging. You need to include fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet, and take the multivitamins in order to protect your skin and improve its health.
- Avoid rapid weight loss and weight gain. Do it on a gradual process to prevent stretch marks from appearing on your skin.
- If you have unsightly stretch marks on your skin, you need to use an effective stretch mark removal treatment. Even though there are so many stretch mark creams and treatments on the market, not all of them are created equal.
- Carboxy therapy
It creates negative pressure resulting in increased oxygen supply to that area resulting in collagen stimulation and regeneration process of the epidermal layer of the skin. This will help reduce the appearance of stretch marks on your skin within the shortest possible time period. This is why Carboxy therapy is considered one of the best solutions to get rid of stretch marks in men..