Hymenorrhaphy or hymen reconstruction surgery is the temporary surgical restoration of the hymen.
The term comes from the Greek words hymen meaning "membrane", and raphḗ meaning "suture". It is also
known as hymenoplasty, although strictly this term would also include hymenotomy.
Under Mild Anaesthesia, the patient undergoes the microsurgical procedure, where the remnants of the hymen are sutured to its original state using two layers of very fine suture.
- The patient needs to be in the hospital for 24 hrs. She can resume travelling after 3 days.
- She is advised not to squat for 3 weeks, not to do any strenuous physical activity as dancing or fitness activities for 3 weeks, she is advised not to feel or Fidel around the operated site.
- The sutures generally fall off by the end of 2nd or 3rd week
What the Hymenoplasty does not do-
- It does not strengthen the wall.
- It does not tighten the vagina.
- It does not help in increasing your sexual performance in anyway, shape or form.